Janean specializes in trial litigation and her practice focuses on helping individuals, families and small businesses protect the assets they own. Janean graduated from Gonzaga University School of Law in 2001. She received top honors in legal research and writing and the Uniform Commercial Code.
For five years, Ms. Phillips worked in private practice negotiating and litigating construction, landlord-tenant and family law matters. Subsequently, she chose to enter public service in 2007 with the Spokane City Prosecutor’s Office. The ten years she spent with the Spokane City Prosecutor’s Office provided her with ample experience in criminal and municipal law. This also gave her many opportunities to sharpen her litigation skills in settlement negotiation, motions and trial practice. Janean is a member of the Washington Association of Municipal Lawyers, Spokane County Bar Association and the Washington State Bar Association.
Ms. Phillips was born and currently resides in Spokane with her husband of twenty years and two children. In her spare time, you may find her adventuring in the outdoors with her family. She is also an accomplished painter and enjoys displaying her art at local venues.
- 2017 IP Fundamentals for the Business Lawyer
- 2017 WSAMA Spring Conference
- 2003 Great Western Tax & Estate Planning – National Law Foundation
- CALI Awards in UCC2 and Research/Writing IV [2000-01 law school],
- National Phoenix Award Rosalia, WA Texaco Station Committee for environmental cleanup and rural development by grant, 2005
- Domestic Violence Scholarship for National Conference, National DA’s Association 2010
- City of Spokane vs. Daniel C. Wilcox, court of appeals Div 3, 2008
- Drafted Ordinance C34333 Section 3: Spokane Model Traffic Ordinance SMC 16A.02 passed 2008
- Drafted Ordinance C34269 Section 1: Prostitution ordinance SMC 10.06.030 and 035 passed 2008