My practice is primarily focused on real estate, business law, and estate planning. I advise individuals and businesses in all aspects of business and entity formation, management, governance, financing, operations, and business closings. I represent real estate investors, developers, owners and homeowners associations in all manners of real estate transactions and disputes, as well as homeowners association management and governance. I enjoy working with individuals developing and implementing estate planning strategies.
I have significant experience in working on commercial and residential real estate development matters as well as new business formation, and my experience includes both transactional and litigation representation in these areas. Having acted as in-house counsel to various corporate entities, I bring a wealth of practical business experience to my client counseling services.
I first started practicing law in Spokane in 1994 after having clerked with a local law firm during law school. In 1997, I joined a large residential contractor and developer as in-house counsel and manager and helped to expand and grow its operations. In 2008, I returned to the private practice of law in downtown Spokane and joined with Spencer Stromberg in 2010 to form Lucent Law, PLLC in 2010 (then known as Sullivan Stromberg, PLLC).
My prior volunteer activities include serving as an ex-officio member of the Executive Committee of the Washington State Bar Association Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, along with having served on several non-profit boards in the Spokane area. I frequently lecture to groups of attorneys and business advisors in areas of real estate and business.
- Juris Doctor cum laude, Gonzaga University School of Law, 1994
- B.A. in Business Administration, emphasis in accounting, University of Washington, 1991
- Washington State Bar Association, 1994
- Idaho State Bar Association, 1995 (presently inactive)
- U.S. District Court for Idaho, 1995 (presently inactive)
- U.S. District Court for Eastern District of Washington, 1995
- U.S. District Court for Western District of Washington, 2011
- Washington State Bar Association Real Property, Probate and Trust Section
- Spokane County Bar Association
Brett enjoys the many recreational opportunities found in Eastern Washington and North Idaho, including sailing, fly fishing, and skiing and participates in the local arts community.